Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Turquoise Room


This place is a quiet sanctuary away from town. It's perfect if you feel like being alone, or if you want a romantic setting for that special dinner you've got planned..What impressed me about the place was the excellent service I had that night. We had the owner's lil girl bidding us goodbye at the door and attentive waitresses all night. Aside from that, I also loved the way they painted the walls and put together that laidback, breezy feel..the restaurant is kept cool by fans because the area is very breezy. There's also alfresco dining available on a wooden patio outside, complete with trees in the background. I'm a tree-lover, don't mind me.

The Turquoise Room also has a sister outlet known at The Turquoise Bistro located at 902 East Coast Parkway, Tel: 6247 7677. I haven't had a chance to visit it yet, so do let me know how your visit goes if you check it out. Now let's introduce the food...

I couldn't resist the urge to order something familiar yet different..so I tried their Prawn & Arugula Linguine as shown here

Arugula is actually a.k.a Rocket in the US..it's an aromatic salad green that tastes bitter on its own. Therefore I was pleasantly surprised to taste how well it complemented my pasta! yums. A combination of aglio olio pasta with almost anything goes wonderfully well I suppose. Yes yes, I'm a Purist when it comes to my pasta.

Over here we've got the Chicken Pesto with sundried tomatoes.

If you're one who thinks that pesto pasta is always creamy, you'll be surprised to find out otherwise. This chicken pesto pasta has juicy tender chicken with a mixture of sundried tomatoes that lent the dish a mild sweet-sour note that balanced out the overall taste. I can safely say that these 2 pastas we ordered are very different from what most Singaporeans are used to, so I'd say give it a shot.

Other than pasta, The Turqoise Room also serves up thin-crust Italian-style pizzas and specialities like their Lamb Rack ($29). Oh yes, how can I forget. They've got great Strawberry Smoothies ($6)...and amazingly, their Bellini was affordably priced at $10. I must apologise for not being able to provide you with the prices of the pastas, but the estimated cost for a dinner-for-2 should come up to about $40-$60, depending on what you order.

//All prices are subjected to ++

The I-wanna-know[s]:

Food - 8/10
Price - $$
Service - 8/10
Ambience - 9/10
Accessibility - 6/10

Legend:
[$]-cheap like peanuts
[$$]-average Jane
[$$$]-you might wanna tke tht card out..
[$$$$]-extremely exorbitant

Tel: (65) 6473 3655

Address:
7 Lock Road, Gilman Village

Opening hours:
12pm-11pm / Mon-Thur
12pm-2am / Fri-Sat
10am-10pm / Sun
*Brunch: 10am-12pm

Dress code: casual
Getting there: Nearest MRT is HarbourFront transfer to bus 97 or 100.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When u are walking there, you really would'nt feel like you're in S'pore