Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Icekimo

I discovered Icekimo in September 2005.

But I was in the vicinity today and I simply couldn't resist revisiting the place again for the 3rd time. After a long walk in the rain outside, I was warmly greeted by their comfy white sofas, lil pink tables and Christmas decor. It's a quiet lil ice-cream parlour that makes their own ice-cream & reinvents desserts..I would say. They've got interesting local flavours like chempedek, milo dino and durian amongst many others.

Instead of ordering my favourite flavour - Belgian Chocolate, I decided to share with my brother their latest offering: Spaghetti Ice-cream! ($5.90)
What you are staring at right now is REAL spaghetti. It consists of generous toppings of white chocolate, strawberry sauce & chocolate rice. The "meatballs" are actually ferrero rocher chocolates and the "spaghetti" is their vanilla ice-cream shredded to resemble it. Mmmmmm..don't worry, you won't be tasting a tomato-based sauce! I'd highly recommend this one.


Now let's meet a popular favourite..their ice-cream in a waffle basket. 2 scoops of any 2 ice-cream flavours in a waffle basket is priced at $5.50..my mum ordered their new flavour Jolly Christmas - which tasted rather suspiciously like paddle pop I must say..and Tiramisu. I found that their Tiramisu flavour lacked the oomph of cocoa powder & coffee.


A brownie with 1 scoop of ice-cream ($4.20) My sister ordered 1 with their Blueberry Cheesecake ice-cream. The brownie tasted like the average brownies sold in most cafes, but the blueberry cheesecake flavour was rather refreshing. If you're a fan of brownies with ice-cream, go ahead & give this one a shot.


On the other hand, if you're a coffee-lover...or one who loves ordering things like mocha frapps..you should try their Mocha Affagato ($4.30). I ordered this for my dad and he finished it in a matter of minutes. For the record, my dad isn't into desserts, so that must say something huh? Sadly, he didn't give me a chance to sample it so I can't comment much! haha.

//Their take-home tubs of ice-cream are priced at $7.90

The I-wanna-know[s]:

Taste - 8/10
Price - $ to $$
Service - 8/10
Ambience - 8/10
Accessibility - 6.5/10

Legend:
[$]-cheap like peanuts
[$$]-average Jane
[$$$]-you might wanna tke tht card out..
[$$$$]-extremely exorbitant

Tel: (65) 6455 7585

Address:
8 Sin Ming Road
Sin Ming Centre, #01-03
Singapore 575628

Website: http://www.icekimo.com
Opening hours: 11am - 11pm
Dress code: casual
Buses: 130, 132, 162, 163, 165, 166, 167, 410, 855, 980

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there!!

Why'd you stop? I thought it was nice that you posted up places like these. So a big THANKS is due!

Do continue posting! =]

Happy New Year too!

Faye